Monday, November 3, 2008

DEVON AOKI











Devon Aoki in Vogue Nippon February 2008
It's not a new editorial but still one i love.
I remember seeing my first pictures of Devon years ago
falling in love with here almost straight away.

Devon was discovered in New York at a Rancid concert.
She started modeling when she was 13,
the same year she was introduced to supermodel Kate Moss
by her godmother. Kate pushed for Devon to be signed, and
she was signed with Storm Model Management at 14.

“ And then I guess from being in New York, I did
this photograph for Interview Magazine called "Lovely Rita."
My agency says that Kate Moss brought the picture in and told
them that they should, you know, sign me. And then it
happened, and then in my early career we did a lot of jobs
together. She was a big help to me when I first started. ”

In 1998, at the age of 16, Devon replaced Naomi Campbell as
the face of Versace. An A-grade student at school, Devon chose
not to go on to university, believing that working and travelling
offered her a 'broader and deeper education' than a degree.


Every now and then fashion makes a little leap and
allows difference. its gives a hand full of people
a chance to shine and make a statement look at her
and let me know if you know what i meen.

Devon has modeled for the fashion houses LancĂ´me, Chanel,
and Versace. Devon is 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m) an almost
unheard of height for runway models, who are usually at
least 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) height. Devon has done ad
campaigns for Chanel Ready to Wear, Chanel Couture by
Karl Lagerfeld, Versace by Steven Meisel, YSL by
Juergen Teller, Alessandro Del Aqua, Hugo Boss, Moschino,
Ungaro, Fendi, Junko Shimada by Bettina Kimenda and
Baby Phat by Kimora Lee Simmons.

2 comments:

Kristina Gisors said...

Im a huge fan !

..... said...

it's funny cuz i posted this editorial when it has been released !! she's truly amazin !! same for the editorial she did on ID